Crazy Messy


Sometimes life gets crazy messy, like my house while we were waiting on new flooring. We ordered vinyl flooring for the office and carpet for the bedroom. They estimated it would be about three weeks before it arrived. I saw no hurry to empty either room and paint. After all, I had plenty of time.

My three weeks turned into about ten days, and I had very little notice they were coming to install the office flooring. I literally dumped piles of papers into boxes as I cleared the desks and closet so I could paint, before the new flooring was installed. Before the office was back together, I also had to empty the bedroom, which made for an even bigger mess! We had piles in every corner and small furniture on top larger items.

It’s not always our piles of paper, our closets, and drawers that create the disasters in life. Messy can come from emotional stress, or difficult decisions. Family disputes or unexpected tragedies. You fill in the blank. What part of your life is crazy messy or has been in the past?

Many people say it takes tragedy or difficulties to feel close to God. I know from experience that can be true. But, how do you and I know God is there on the worst of days? In the middle of a crisis, we don’t suddenly acknowledge there is a God and trust Him wholeheartedly. We need a faith which existed long before life got messy. One we can cling to on the best of days and the worst.

The Israelites had that type of faith. They had a history of rebellion against God and a history of God rescuing them. They had witnessed miracles, yet their lives were so messy. Isaiah 40 was written to comfort the Israelites after their release from captivity. I recommend you read the entire chapter, but I want to focus on a few key verses.

We too are captives to our own messy lives, but there is hope and comfort when we read God’s Word and focus on His omnipotent power. 


God is comfort…

“Comfort, comfort my people,” says your God. “Speak tenderly to Jerusalem. Tell her that her sad days are gone and her sins are pardoned.”

(Isaiah 40:1-2).


God is truth…

“The grass withers and the flowers fade, but the word of our God stands forever.” (Isaiah 40:8).


God is wisdom…

“Who is able to advise the Spirit of the Lord? Who knows enough to give him advice or teach him? Has the Lord ever needed anyone’s advice? Does he need instruction about what is good? Did someone teach him what is right or show him the path of justice?” (Isaiah 40:13-14).


God is strength…

“Have you never heard? Have you never understood? The Lord is the everlasting God, the Creator of all the earth. He never grows weak or weary. No one can measure the depths of his understanding. He gives power to the weak and strength to the powerless.” (Isaiah 40:28-29).


I tackled my messy house one step at a time, and to be honest there are still a few things I need to put away many months later. Our messy lives are no different. We have to take life one step at a time. Sometimes it is in a flurry with a deadline, and other issues take time to resolve. Most importantly, remember when life is Blooming Crazy messy: God is the great Comforter. He is truth and wisdom. And He gives strength to the powerless.


What other key Bible verses bring you comfort, truth, wisdom and strength? I would love to hear from you and the favorite verses which comfort you when life gets crazy messy.

Comments

  1. Shared this on my Social Media Sites today. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Carole. My prayer is that others can relate to a Crazy Messy life.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Have Faith and Pray

The Missing Sock